Friday, October 27, 2006

Worship

I just began reading Skip Ryans book "Worship:Beholding the beauty of the Lord," last night and it really struck me, though I already knew and understood it but had never put words to it, that all beauty points to the Lord.

I love to read
Tim Challies. Today he reviewed the book "Can we rock the gospel?". I think that his assessment of the book was right on. What really struck me was where Tim quoted John Blanchard and Dan Lucarini when they stated, "worship is characterized by reverence, modesty and humility, and has nothing that even remotely aims at our pleasure and entertainment."??!! I agree that reverence, modesty and humility are important parts of worship. However what about joy, excitement, praise etc...?

I know that when I am worshipping the Lord and am doing so in a "reverent, modest and humble" manner, joy rises up inside of me as a result of knowing that He loves me, that makes me excited to know that I have access to Him, which makes me want to praise Him. I can definitley say that I find worshipping the Lord the most pleasurable experience there is.


I quote John Piper, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." Amen

No comments: